15 June 2014

Ancient Egyptians

A few weeks back we started doing our school history topic. The topic ended up being Ancient Egypt because they did Ancient Rome last time. I think this topic was interesting, because I don't know much about Ancient Egyptians, aside from them inventing the calendar.

 I think I  have learnt a lot from it over the past weeks. A week ago we had to do a double page spread in a A3 piece of paper; based on a Egyptian topic we liked. I did tombs because I found it interesting.
An Egyptian Tomb.
I learnt I lot about Egypt over the past few weeks mainly in reading groups and doing the A3 double page spreads mentioned above. But perhaps the coolest and most fun activity for the Egyptian topic was building structures based on buildings in the Ancient Egyptian times; from the world the Rm11 and Rm12 teachers made for us to play in.

I think I know a lot more from tombs then I previously did at the start of Term 2. I really did learn a lot from this topic. This has been another blog post by James. If you enjoyed this blog post remember to comment and comment on others. Goodbye blog readers. Come back soon...

Cool Fact:

Did you know that Tutankhamun's burial mask weighs over 10 kilograms! It is made from a mixture of solid gold, lapis lazuli, coloured glass, precious stones and obsidian quartz for the eyes. If you tell me, I wouldn't mind having a death mask like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment