18 May 2014

My Favourite Childhood Book!!!




All of Julia Donaldson's and Alex Scheffler's books.
The most favourite book when I was younger was The Gruffalo (above, top left). The story’s plot was about a cunning mouse that made up stories about a mythical creature called the Gruffalo to the other predators of the mouse and who wanted to eat him, so they would get scared and run away. In the end the mouse finds a Gruffalo; a very hungry one, and somehow finds a way to not get eaten. The book was written by Julia Donaldson and illustrated by Axel Scheffler. The book was first published in 1999 and has won several book awards since then. The Gruffalo sold 3.5 million copies worldwide and still selling copies worldwide and was translated in 31 different languages so far. Oh I almost forgot to mention, they made a animated movie about it and tons of plays about it when I was a little kid. By the way I couldn't be bother to watch the Gruffalo movie. 

This book was probably the first rhyming book, I personally remember I read, plus the book inspired me to draw, so most of my drawings when I was younger looked a lot like Alex Scheffler's drawings. I read this when I was 5-6 years old. I really enjoyed The Gruffalo because it had a great pictures and I liked the rhyme in it, the nice description and the story itself. After The Gruffalo I became addicted to Julia Donaldson and Alex Scheffler books and continued to read other books made by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler such as Room on a Broom to Super Worm. My favourite Julia Donaldson book and Alex Scheffler book is Stickman but that’s a different story.

 I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post and if you haven’t read The Gruffalo then you missed out on a great childhood and there is nothing you can do to change it, unless you read The Gruffalo! Goodbye till my next post. James.   

No comments:

Post a Comment